Eligibility guidelines for this FREE new program are different than guidelines for other programs.
| read more
News & Announcements
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) will begin on October 6, 2015. | read more
- FLU SHOTS for the insured & uninsured on Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 3:00 PM — 6:00 PM. | read more
- Seniors: Help with Your Food Budget May Be a SNAP! Sadly, Tennessee ranks 4th in the nation in senior hunger, with about 150,000 older Tennesseans living in a state of insecurity regarding food. The CAC Office on Aging (OOA) recently received a $25,000 grant from the National Council on Aging (NCOA) for the SNAP Enrollment Initiative. The grant will allow OOA staff to educate adults over age 60 about how easy it is to apply for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), dispel misconceptions they have about the program, and help them through the application process. | read more
- Moving Families Forward: Transformational Pathways out of Poverty from the Tennessee Department of Human Services | read more
- Lead Safe and Healthy Homes Program
Do you rent or own a home built before 1978? Homes built before 1978 may have lead paint inside or outside. This is especially dangerous to the health of children, even before they are born. | read more
The Promise of Community Action
Community Action changes people’s lives,
embodies the spirit of hope,
and makes America a better place to live.
We care about the entire community,
and we are dedicated
to helping people help themselves
and each other.
Barbara Kelly, CAC Executive Director
P.O. Box 51650
Knoxville, TN 37950-1650
L.T. Ross Building
2247 Western Avenue
Phone: (865) 546-3500
Fax: (865) 546-0832