This position provides phone assistance to the VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) program and serves as a relief receptionist for CAC’s central office. Sets appointments for VITA tax recipients; routes CAC calls to appropriate departments/personnel. Performs basic office duties, acts as a courier as needed, assists with preparing documents for storage and shredding, and works on special projects as assigned. Needs data entry skills and basic proficiency in Word and Excel. Good customer service skills important.
Qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent. Successful prior work history. Prefer at least one year of work experience in an office environment or related training. Professional telephone manner.
Salary: $11.87+ per hour, depending on experience. Excellent benefits including employer paid health insurance, life insurance, contributions to pension plan, co-pay dental insurance, vacation days, sick leave days, and generous holidays.
Resumes may be emailed to: CACHR@knoxcac.org
See complete job description below.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
KNOXVILLE-KNOX COUNTY COMMUNITY ACTION COMMITTEE
VITA INCOME TAX SERVICES AND CENTRAL OFFICE SUPPORT
Job Title: VITA Reservation and Administrative Services Assistant
Summary: An employee in this classification receives general supervision from the Administrative Services Manager. Work performed involves basic office duties, serves as phone receptionist, fills in for the Clerk/Messenger as needed along with maintaining office supplies and equipment. Operates the postage machine. Takes VITA Income Tax appointments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Administrative Support:
- Provide reservation and phone appointment help for VITA clients. Work with VITA clients to assist with intake as needed.
- Serve as the Central Office receptionist as requested to relieve breaks, lunches, and vacations.
- Operate the postage machine and prepare regular mail and bulk mailings as needed.
- Contact clients when necessary to verify and update information.
- Assist clients in referring to other agency services.
- Serve as courier between CAC facilities and other locations as needed to pick up and deliver mail or other documents.
- Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate reports for the review of the Administrative Services Manager.
- Other duties as requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Central Office:
- Evaluate caller or visitor needs and service requirements and use knowledge of agency and community programs to make referrals to the appropriate office or service.
- Take messages, arranges appointments, and provides general agency information to visitors and callers.
- Maintain copier and fax supplies along with forms used on a daily basis.
- Send and receives faxes.
- Perform other routine clerical duties as requested and/or required.
- Assist with preparation of documents for storage or shred process.
- Assist CAC Executive Assistant with special projects, as needed.
- Other duties as requested.
Knowledge and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of social service resources in the community.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 30 lbs.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Successful prior work history. Prefer one year of work experience in an office environment or related education. Data entry skills and proficiency in Word and Excel. Pleasant personality and telephone manner.
Salary: Skill Level 4