Reliable, caring person needed to work part-time (32 hours per week) for the Mobile Meals Kitchen as a Mobile Meals Vehicle Operator. Must be able to transport meals to homebound seniors, people with disabilities, and children. Must be able to transport coolers and other items to and from congregate meal sites throughout the region. A valid Tennessee Driver’s License with F endorsement and an excellent driving record required. Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds, read, write, compute, and have good communications skills. If hired, DOT physical exam, national criminal background screening required, and a post offer drug screen.
Salary: $14.83+ per hour depending on experience and qualifications with excellent benefits provided including paid health and life insurance, vacation leave, and sick leave.
Email your resume and CAC job application to email@example.com or apply using our online form. Note: Emailed resumes sent as attachments must be provided in Microsoft Word or PDF format. You may also visit the CAC Central Office reception area of the Ross Building at 2247 Western Avenue to review our job book, complete an application, and/or submit your resume.
See complete job description below.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
KNOXVILLE-KNOX COUNTY COMMUNITY ACTION COMMITTEE
TRANSIT JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Mobile Meals Kitchen Vehicle Operator (Part-time 32 hours per week)
Summary: An employee in this classification receives general supervision from the Assistant Transportation Director and receives daily oversight from the Transportation Operations Manager. This position requires the operation of agency vehicles to transport meals and other items to homebound seniors, people with disabilities, and children. This position requires the operation of agency vehicles to transport coolers and other items to and from congregate meal sites throughout the region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drive vehicles on official business only and over designated routes to deliver meals, coolers, and other items for the Mobile Meals Kitchen.
- Keep accurate, detailed log of miles driven and other activities as instructed.
- Collect contributions and turn in daily as instructed.
- Log in and out daily and maintain close communication with dispatcher and/or managers at all times.
- Responsible for turning in promptly the mileage logs, dispatch records, and other forms as instructed in order to facilitate invoicing.
- Responsible for performing daily safety and maintenance checks of assigned vehicle.
- Assume personal and full responsibility for interior cleanliness of assigned vehicle, plus the outside of all windows.
- Report vehicle defects or maintenance problems to the Transportation Fleet Safety Manager.
- Keep accurate records, report route sheet changes, and report any changes in client condition on assigned meal delivery routes.
- Report any accident or incident involving clients or other employees to the supervisor.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Knowledge and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent driving record required.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow written, oral and computer-generated instructions, including the ability to read a map and correctly operate on-board mobile data terminals and tablets.
- Ability to make accurate calculations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and in written form.
- Must be able to complete forms, records, and route descriptions legibly, neatly, and accurately.
- Good physical condition and the ability to push, pull, and lift coolers and cargo weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be willing and able to report to work during inclement weather.
- Dependability and an excellent time and attendance record are essential.
- Must use good judgment, tact, and courtesy in dealing with clients, other employees, and the public.
Base Qualifications: Must have a excellent driving record and a valid Tennessee Driver’s License with the ability to secure the “F” (For Hire) endorsement. Ability to read, write legibly, and perform basic math functions. Ability to pass a physical examination, national criminal background check, and motor vehicle record check. Ability to pass drug and alcohol screening and adhere to the Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol regulations.
Preferred Qualifications: Valid Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger endorsement and prior experience.
Salary: Skill Level 6