This full-time position provides important front-line customer services to individuals calling for information and assistance as well as to visitors and others coming into the CAC central offices. Evaluates caller or visitor needs and service requirements and uses knowledge of agency and community programs to make referrals to the appropriate office or service. Takes messages, arranges appointments, and provides general agency information to visitors and callers. Assists clients and visitors in a compassionate and professional manner. Prepares mailings; operates and maintains postage machine and prepares postage expenditure reports. Answers general questions about agency job vacancies and assists job applicants as necessary. Accurately and efficiently enters data into designated systems and performs other clerical or administrative duties as assigned.
Qualifications include a high school diploma or equivalent and at least one year of work experience in an office or customer service environment. Ability to manage multi-line phone system and good customer service skills a must.
Salary: $30,076 ($14.46 hourly) with excellent benefits including employer paid health insurance, life insurance, contributions to pension plan, co-pay dental insurance, vacation days, sick leave and generous holidays.
Email your resume and CAC job application to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply using our online form. Note: Emailed resumes sent as attachments must be provided in Microsoft Word or PDF format. You may also visit the CAC Central Office reception area of the Ross Building at 2247 Western Avenue to review our job book, complete an application, and/or submit your resume.
See complete job description below.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
KNOXVILLE-KNOX COUNTY COMMUNITY ACTION COMMITTEE
CENTRAL OFFICE JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Administrative Receptionist
Summary: An employee in this classification receives general supervision from the Administrative Services Manager. Work performed involves administrative office duties, central office receptionist duties, data entry, and report generation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates caller or visitor needs and service requirements and uses knowledge of agency and community programs to make referrals to the appropriate office or service.
- Takes messages, arranges appointments, and provides general agency information to visitors and callers.
- Assists clients and visitors in a compassionate and professional manner.
- Operates and maintains the postage machine and prepares postage expenditure reports.
- Receives and signs off on deliveries.
- Responsible for all shipments from CAC through non-USPS services including, if necessary; boxing, labels, contacting vendors and tracking.
- Receives and routes faxes.
- Answers general questions about agency job vacancies, gives out and collects employment applications and logs CAC applications and resumes, and assists job applicants as necessary.
- Monitors public access area of the building, assists visitors, and reports incidents.
- Accurately and efficiently enters data into THO or other designated systems.
- Maintains Central Office time and attendance logs.
- Performs other clerical or administrative duties as assigned.
May carry out the following responsibilities as assigned:
- Transports mail to the post office as needed. May use a CAC provided vehicle, or may use personal vehicle (mileage reimbursed).
- Performs courier duties on occasional basis, as needed. May use a CAC provided vehicle, or may use personal vehicle (mileage reimbursed).
- Provides intake duties with clients that include: greeting applicants, collecting and copying required documents for eligibility; assisting in the completion of appropriate application and forms.
- Reviews client forms and documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Accesses CAC or other authorized client information data bases for collection of eligibility documentation.
- Performs eligibility determination.
- Contacts clients when necessary to verify and update information.
- Assist clients to access emergency services and in referring clients to appropriate social service agencies.
- Performs data entry of client information utilizing a customized software program.
- Assists in the preparation of timely and accurate reports.
- Provides backup phone coverage.
- Other duties as requested.
Knowledge and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of CAC programs and resources.
- Knowledge of social service resources in the community.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and in written form.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computers and common spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Ability to perform data entry tasks with speed and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lift a 25-pound mail tub
Base Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent. Successful prior work history, including at least one year’s experience in an office or customer service environment or related education. Data entry skills and proficiency in Word and Excel. Pleasant personality and telephone manner.
Salary: Skill Level 6