A front-line customer service position providing fleet sanitation, ensuring vehicles are maintained, answering consumer calls, and serving as a back-up driver.
Qualifications:Reliable transportation (mileage reimbursed) and a good driving record is a must. Department of Transportation physical and drug screen required. Preferred qualifications include graduation from an accredited college in a related field, or an equivalent of education and experience. This is a full-time position.
Salary: $33,199 / $15.97 per hour. Excellent benefits including employer paid health insurance, life insurance, contributions to pension plan, co-pay dental insurance, vacation days, sick leave and generous holidays.
See complete job description below.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
KNOXVILLE-KNOX COUNTY COMMUNITY ACTION COMMITTEE
VOLUNTEER ASSISTED JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Program Specialist / Fleet Specialist
Summary: An employee in this classification receives supervision from the VAT Program Manager. An individual in this position is responsible for the daily sanitization and cleaning of program fleet vehicles, including wheelchair securement devices. This position assists in vehicle maintenance, repair and the fueling of vehicles as well as implementing general programmatic objectives. You will also be required to assist callers requesting general transportation information and how to access transportation services; arranging for or providing individual travel training as needed; and providing assistance with transportation as a back-up driver. This position requires a high level of commitment to quality and strict adherence to safety regulations and policies. Candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include occasional evenings or weekends. Candidate must be able to work closely with multiple volunteers, staff, partners, service providers, and a diverse customer base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for cleaning the inside of vehicles to ensure sanitation and safety.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of outside of vehicles.
- Responsible for cleaning the wheelchair securement devices as necessary.
- Responsible for routine maintenance of fleet vehicles and keeping up to date records on database.
- Responsible for preparing monthly and quarterly reports of data and entering into appropriate spreadsheets.
- Assists in the fueling of vehicles with gasoline as needed as necessary.
- Assists in the daily collection of ride manifests and fares.
- Report all vehicle safety concerns to VAT Program Manager
- Receive requests and schedule individual and group trips according to established procedures.
- Schedule volunteer drivers according to established policies and procedures.
- Determine the best transportation solution for individual callers and participants, and assist with implementation, as needed.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with community service providers.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with public and private sector transportation providers.
- Create and maintain files for individual participants; input designated data into appropriate databases.
- Research and expand project knowledge of transportation initiatives and options.
- Assist in providing support to Advisory Board.
- Assist with marketing activities as needed.
- Provide back-up transportation in agency vehicles for participants, as needed.
- Perform other related activities as needed to ensure the success of the program.
Knowledge and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
- Must be able to write legibly and complete forms accurately.
- Possess excellent customer services skills.
- Knowledge of the geographic area of Knox County and of local community resources.
- Possess map reading skills.
- Collect and maintain accurate designated participant data.
- Ability to proficiently use standard computer programs and specialized software systems required for project.
- Ability to ascertain facts by personal contact, observation, and research.
- Must be in good physical condition and ability to lift items weighing appropriately 50 pounds.
- Must be able to assist all passengers including individuals with disabilities and those who use wheelchairs.
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations and complaints.
- Function with ease in a teamwork environment.
- Must use good judgement, tact, and courtesy in serving with clients, other employees, and the public.
Base Qualifications: Must have a good driving record, and safe driving habits. Must have related education/or experience and excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent computer skills and attentiveness to detail. Must have reliable personal vehicle (mileage reimbursed). Ability to pass Department of Transportation physical examination, national criminal background check, and motor vehicle record check. Ability to pass alcohol and drug screening and adhere to the Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol regulations.
Preferred Qualifications: Four year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid Tennessee Driver’s License and ability to secure an F Endorsement. Must be dependable, punctual, and have a good attendance record.
Salary: Skill Level 6