Work with individuals and families to develop strategies for achieving housing stability. Conduct interviews and eligibility determination; refer clients to other community agencies for support services; maintain records; and make reports.
Qualifications: Four year college degree and a year of related work experience. A combination of education and work experience in social work, human services, adult education, or related field may be substituted for the education requirement. Must have a reliable automobile for daily use (mileage reimbursed).
Salary: $35,752 ($17.19/hour) DOQ. Excellent benefits including employer paid health insurance, life insurance, contributions to pension plan, co-pay dental insurance, vacation days, sick leave and generous holidays.
Email your resume and CAC job application to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply using our online form. Note: Emailed resumes sent as attachments must be provided in Microsoft Word or PDF format. You may also visit the CAC Central Office reception area of the Ross Building at 2247 Western Avenue to review our job book, complete an application, and/or submit your resume.
See complete job description below.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
KNOXVILLE-KNOX COUNTY COMMUNITY ACTION COMMITTEE
SOCIAL SERVICES JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Housing Stabilization Specialist
Supervision: Emergency Housing Assistance Program Manager
Summary: An employee in this classification receives general supervision from the program manager and unit director. Work performed involves interviewing clients, assessing client and family needs, determining eligibility, complete applications for financial assistance, and assisting individuals and families to achieve stability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists clients in making application for emergency housing assistance.
- Interviews clients, landlords, and utility companies directly and by telephone, to obtain necessary information to process application for assistance.
- Determines eligibility for financial assistance programs and community services according to prescribed guidelines.
- Verifies eligibility by collecting documentation from clients or by using a computer to access CAC, Department of Human Services, or other authorized client information database.
- Maintains application caseload within expectations.
- Refers clients to appropriate CAC or other community agencies for other support services and, coordinates such services as necessary to achieve the objectives of housing stabilization, food procurement and employment assistance.
- Refers clients to partner agencies/programs to provide additional assistance as needed.
- Uses computer to maintain records, make reports, and compile data.
- Maintains up to date information about available services, requirements, and procedures.
- Attends and participates in required meetings related to client services.
- Performs related activities as required.
Knowledge and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of social service resources in the community.
- Knowledge of case management methods and skills.
- Experience in eligibility determination.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to ascertain facts by personal contact, observation, and examination of records and reports.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Ability to prepare accurate reports and plans.
- Knowledge of computers specifically Microsoft software.
Preferred Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in social work, human services, adult education or related field. At least one year of related work experience. An equivalent combination of related work experience and/or education may be substituted for the education requirement. Valid Tennessee Driver License and a reliable automobile for daily use (mileage reimbursed).
Salary: Skill Level 7