Energy and Community Services

What Documentation Is Required To Complete The Application Process?

  • Complete all sections of the application.
  • Bring your current utility bill.
  • All sources of income must be reported with the exception of employment income for household members under age 18.
    • If you receive food stamps/SNAP, you may submit your most recent DHS award letter for household income.
    • If you use your current paycheck stub with your gross year-to-date earnings, it must show at least 8 weeks worth of pay.
    • If your current paystub does not have gross year-to-date, please provide:
      • Weekly = 8 current consecutive paystubs
      • Bi-weekly = 4 current consecutive paystubs
      • Monthly = 2 current consecutive paystubs
    • If you are receiving unemployment, you must provide current remaining UI benefits. This includes wages from work, Worker’s Compensation, TANF, Families First, Social Security, Retirement/Pension, SSI, SSDI, Child Support, and any other source of income (if receiving).
    • Note: Bank Statements are no longer accepted as proof of income.
  • Social Security cards or other Federal proof of social security numbers for all household members.  Birth record is acceptable for a child under the age of twelve months.
  • Don’t forget to include your phone number with area code.  Our office may need to contact you.
  • If applying for Crisis Assistance, documentation of an acceptable uncontrollable circumstance.

Comments are closed.

Project Help logo

Helpful Information

Where can I apply for LIHEAP?

How do I apply for LIHEAP?

What are the income guidelines for LIHEAP?

What is an acceptable uncontrollable circumstance?

More Information

2247 Western Avenue
Knoxville, TN
(865) 637-6700
Fax: (865) 637-2953



Homeless Head Start kids Child Woman Graduates Clients